The Droid1 Charge by Samsung delivers exactly what you'd expect from the collision of Droid power and Verizon 4G LTE network speeds. It runs a fast 1GHz Hummingbird processor and boasts a 4.3" Super AMOLED Plus screen--it's the fastest and most powerful Droid ever created, and the first Droid built for Verizon's 4G LTE network. And the Android 2.2 OS allows you to experience the full Internet thanks to its support for Adobe Flash 10.2, enabling you to play games, watch videos, and more.
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network provides speeds up to 10 times faster than Verizon Wireless' 3G network. With 4G LTE, you'll enjoy simultaneous voice and data capabilities, allowing you to check e-mail, browse the web, download an app, and check directions on Google Maps while on a call. Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network currently reaches one-third of all Americans, with plans to expand the network to the company's entire 3G coverage area over the next three years.
Other features include 2 GB internal memory, pre-loaded 32 GB microSD memory card, Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking with Mobile Hotspot capabilities for up to 10 devices, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, compatibility with Verizon services such as V-Cast and VZ Navigator, and AllShare with DLNA certification for wireless media streaming to other devices.
Android Operating System
The Droid Charge runs the Android operating system--OS 2.2 (aka, Froyo)--which provides a faster overall Android experience as well as greater multitasking capabilities. You'll be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open. And it features a plethora of new enhancements, including an improved onscreen QWERTY keyboard, full push corporate e-mail, and support for Adobe Flash Player 10.2 for access to the full Web. It also offers enhanced Exchange support, with Calendar syncing, Global Address Lookup, improved security, auto-discovery, and more.
With integrated Google technology, the Droid Charge 4G brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The Droid Charge also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
The Droid Charge by Samsung weighs 5.04 ounces and measures 5.11 x 2.66 x .46 inches. It runs on Verizon's 4G LTE network as well as the CDMA 800/1900 frequencies.
- Ultra-fast 4G LTE connectivity via the Verizon Wireless 4G Mobile Broadband network, with expected download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views
- Ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go
- 4G Mobile Hotspot capability allows you to create a Wi-Fi hotspot using your Verizon Wireless 4G LTE connection, which can then be shared among up to 10 Wi-Fi-capable devices
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles
OS & Software
- Android 2.2 operating system (Froyo) with over-the-air upgrade capability for future OS releases
- AllShare DLNA capabilities enables you to share your photo albums, videos and movies wirelessly with a compatible HDTV or other DLNA device
- Blockbuster Mobile Application for downloading full-length movies the same day they are available on DVD.
- ThinkFree Office for viewing and editing Microsoft Office files
- Virtual QWERTY Keyboard with Swype
Communications & Internet
- Integrated Google mobile services
- Microsoft Outlook Exchange contacts and calendar
- Social networking apps like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Windows Live, AIM, and Yahoo!
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, Windows Live Messenger, and Google Talk)
- Access to personal and corporate e-mail (including support for Exchange and push Gmail)
- HTML Web browser (WebKit-based) with support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for accessing Flash-enabled websites, watching video and playing games
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, WMV, XviD
- Built-in stereo speakers
- VZ Navigator capable
- V-Cast Media Manager capable
- V-Cast apps capable
- 32 GB pre-loaded microSD memory card with support for other optional cards up to 32 GB
- 2 GB internal memory
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera
- 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and auto focus
- HD 720p video capture capabilities (1280 x 720 pixels)
Design and Hardware
- 1 GHz Hummingbird processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening work files
- 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus display with capacitive multi-touch capabilities, proximity sensor, and light sensor (480 x 800 pixels)
- Onscreen QWERTY keyboard
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Micro USB 2.0 port with mass storage capabilities
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: M4/T4